You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us

Author Topic: Does anyone design gauges for a fee?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline jameyg

• View Profile
Does anyone design gauges for a fee?
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »
If anyone is interested in making some cash, I'm willing to pay someone to build me a gauge layout for a kit car I am building.  I don't have the time to learn this software and make them myself, so I'm hoping that someone who has learned how to make custom computer-based gauges can design them for me.  I want it to look as much like this picture as possible:

Also, here is a video of the gauges in action:

http://m.b5z.net/i/u/10045821/f/Gauges_Video_Short_Multiple_SWF.swf

If you can design something that looks and functions similar to this, let me know how much you would charge and how long it would take.  You can email me at GelinaJamey@Yahoo.com or call me at 517-648-1858.  My name is Jamey.  Thank you!

Offline Weston@PPE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone design gauges for a fee?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:26:33 pm »
I've done a custom dashboard or 2, and I've actually thought of recreating this one before. Can you find a video of how the speedometer moves? I'm curious, it looks like the numbers move down into the circle, and then out the bottom as you continue speeding up.

The biggest concern I have about this dashboard is the tachometer. Our current DashXL system doesn't have any way to "twist" a line like that. I could do 2 separate indicators, one for gear and one for RPM, but I don't think it could be exactly reproduced as it is on this dashboard.

Is your car going to be OBD-II compliant? If it is, you can pull most of this data from the OBD-II and it will be MUCH MUCH cheaper. Non-OBD compliance would force you to get external sensors, like the PLX Devices iMFD sensors -- which run ~$200 a piece.

If you're interested in talking about it more PM me.

Offline jonnybiker@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:25:49 am »
I'm also looking for someone to hire to build a pretty standard gauge skin, please PM me with rates

Offline roadster781

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:37:04 pm »
I'm also interested in having someone do a custom GTR setup for me. If anyone is interested message me please

Offline MPRCTCL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »
Hi Weston,

I know this is a seven+ year old post, but I'm new to the software and was just browsing the forums for nuggets of inspiration. I've only done a couple dashboard skins so far, but I have an idea how I'd approach the unusual tach and I wonder if, given your experience, you think it might work.

How about eight individual tachometer gauges (one for each gear) that become visible individually depending on which gear the car is in. Two problems you'd have to overcome is layering them in a way that only one appears at a time and (harder) finding a reliable way to know what gear the vehicle is in. I've tried to use the calc.gear.current, but like others, I find it isn't rock solid.

Thanks for any input or thoughts...

Bob

I've done a custom dashboard or 2, and I've actually thought of recreating this one before. Can you find a video of how the speedometer moves? I'm curious, it looks like the numbers move down into the circle, and then out the bottom as you continue speeding up.

The biggest concern I have about this dashboard is the tachometer. Our current DashXL system doesn't have any way to "twist" a line like that. I could do 2 separate indicators, one for gear and one for RPM, but I don't think it could be exactly reproduced as it is on this dashboard.

Is your car going to be OBD-II compliant? If it is, you can pull most of this data from the OBD-II and it will be MUCH MUCH cheaper. Non-OBD compliance would force you to get external sensors, like the PLX Devices iMFD sensors -- which run ~$200 a piece.

If you're interested in talking about it more PM me.

Home | Dashboards | Forum | Help | Contact Us | Terms of Service