You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us

Author Topic: hud display  (Read 168 times)

Offline RaulAlonso

• View Profile
hud display
« on: June 02, 2020, 06:32:28 am »
i made couple of dash boards and was wondering if anyone could help me on how to turn them to a mirror image to use as a hud display in the windshield??

Offline teakmeister

• View Profile
Re: hud display
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:03:28 am »
Hi Raul,

The simplest way I found for this was to create your regular dashboards and then copy these to a new dashboard and then set the following:

For Landscape orientation:
Layer (Background) and Layer (Background) - Layer Properties - Rotation Angle of 180

For Portrait orientation:
Layer (Background) and Layer (Background) - Layer Properties - Rotation Angle of 90

Any text you have will then need to be adjusted, for Landscape amend the height value to be a negative value. For instance if your text height was 7 it should now be -7. Some text works like this for Portrait orientation, however if not just adjust the Width value in the same way instead.

Any needles should still work, however may be sweeping the wrong way when reflected back, bit of trial and error with the values here, I've found using a mirror on the computer monitor works well for testing. The only other thing to bear in mind is text in the ticks, I've not found a way to adjust this, but just ended up creating new text objects with the correct values etc.

Hopefully the above is of some use, download my "Scirocco 170 GT" dashboard and have a look around the layers and objects.

Home | Dashboards | Forum | Help | Contact Us | Terms of Service