You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us

Author Topic: My first attempt  (Read 150 times)

Offline namtip

• View Profile
My first attempt
« on: January 27, 2019, 07:19:44 pm »
So I've made my first gauge on my first dashboard here.  It's meant to be a replica of my Volvo S60 rev gauge.  I found making a replica of something that already existed really helped me to build my skills.  I only downloaded the skin editor yesterday - I found it very difficult to use at first as there was no manual/tutorial that I could easily find.

I downloaded the dashboard/gauge to my phone to try out tomorrow, but I've noticed the font hasn't transferred.  It looks alright on this website, but on my phone it's different - more 'default'.  Can someone explain the font handling in DashXL?

Feedback of my gauge will also be welcome.

Thanks!

Colin
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:33:35 pm by namtip »

Offline Weston@PPE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:08:02 pm »
DashXL can access any fonts available to the system. Most phones don't allow you to add additional fonts, so we have a normal font thats included with DashXL (which is likely the font you are seeing on the phone). If you are getting fonts that change, try using a more universal font like Arial.

If you hit the Help tab at the top of this website, there is a quick tutorial there that may help you out.

Home | Dashboards | Forum | Help | Contact Us | Terms of Service