You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us

Author Topic: Fonts on Android devices  (Read 1073 times)

Offline westlakest

• View Profile
Fonts on Android devices
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:18:12 pm »
Hi, just purchased Dashcommand a couple days ago and started working on a skin for my VW Golf TDI.

I have searched this forum and Google but not had much luck so decided to post here.

I have the VW fonts on my computer which I have used in my skin so far. I have also copied the font ttf file to my android car head unit to the folder with all the other ttf font files (I am rooted so have the access to do this). I can also make the android system font the VW font so I know the font works on the head unit but when I load my skin in dashcommand it doesn't use the VW font and looks like it uses a generic arial looking one.

Is it possible to use different fonts in skins on android devices or is this beyond its capability? Is there a way I can trick or bodge something so the default dashcommand font is my VW one?

Any advice on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise if its not possible I will stop using the VW font now before I do too much work on the skin and go with bog standard arial which would be disappointing, but not the end of the world. I just need to decide on the font as the positioning/spacing gets a bit messed up when it reverts to the arial font.

Also loving the Dashcommand app by the way. Used to use Torque until now but just not enough customization ability for me.

Kind regards,
Steve
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:19:48 pm by westlakest »

Home | Dashboards | Forum | Help | Contact Us | Terms of Service