You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us

Author Topic: Dead, spam forum  (Read 509 times)

Offline signal11

• View Profile
Dead, spam forum
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:23:46 am »
WTH is with this forum?  Is it 99% SPAM only?  Is this community dead?  I wanted some help with editing skins.

Offline hurseyc

• View Profile
Re: Dead, spam forum
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:13:06 pm »
I'm in the same boat.  I'm a little bummed I spent money on this and there's basically no support.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:24 pm »
I still read the forum so ask away. Be warned that I don't like to deal with the Tuxedo skin and its variants. I do like "help with editing skins".
-Mike
p.s. this thread is most likely going to turn into a spam soon enough. Just you watch!

Offline hurseyc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 01:22:44 pm »
Mike, thanks for the reply, it's good to see someone checking in here.

I'm trying to figure out editing existing skins and am basically spinning my wheels.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to edit a Tuxedo variant so you may not be interested (http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1908).

Basically, I'm trying to add another gauge option to cycle through on the left-most gauges to include Ford trans temp (FORD.TRANS.TFT) as seen in this dashboard (http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1903).

I figured copying the coolant gauge from the right-most set of gauges, moving it over and changing to the trans PID would work but I can't get any of that to happen.

Alternatively, getting that Ford Excursion dashboard (http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1903) to auto-scale/re-arrange for portrait would also solve my issues.

Anyways, thanks for any help.

Chris

Offline raffyvorlengg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »
But are you guys able to uplad skins?

Offline hurseyc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 12:11:13 pm »
But are you guys able to uplad skins?

No, still can't upload skins.  I've resorted to using the i-funbox method on my iPhone X.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »
Chris -
Do I understand what you want ?
In http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1908 ...
To replace the gauge shown as "Accel" with "(FORD.TRANS.TFT) as seen in this dashboard (http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1903)" ?
Or could we add another on 'top' of it like it is now with the "BST/VAC" gauge ? This would have 3 gauges co-existing in that position.
I'll look into it - stay tuned.
-Mike

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 10:24:35 pm »
Chris,
I looked into a solution. You can add a third gauge or just replace one (ACCEL or BST/VA). Seems easy enough.
Here's hints ...
On Layers "Background" and "Foreground" identify the containers "Gauge 1 - Accel/boost". Notice the containers each have a State Tracker.
You will want to add another new State Item on each Layer&Container  for a 3rd gauge or replace one to lose ACCEL or BST/VA.  
To test I simply copied the State Item "Accel" and pasted it as a new item in the tracker and renamed it "Test".

Let me know if this is a good for you.

-Mike
p.s. You don't have to fool around with anything else. The button will automatically cycle through each state item it finds - could be dozens of them  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:32:26 pm by Mike »

Offline hurseyc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 05:05:56 pm »
Chris,
I looked into a solution. You can add a third gauge or just replace one (ACCEL or BST/VA). Seems easy enough.
Here's hints ...
On Layers "Background" and "Foreground" identify the containers "Gauge 1 - Accel/boost". Notice the containers each have a State Tracker.
You will want to add another new State Item on each Layer&Container  for a 3rd gauge or replace one to lose ACCEL or BST/VA.  
To test I simply copied the State Item "Accel" and pasted it as a new item in the tracker and renamed it "Test".

Let me know if this is a good for you.

-Mike
p.s. You don't have to fool around with anything else. The button will automatically cycle through each state item it finds - could be dozens of them  ;)

Yes, that's exactly what I need, I was able to work it out with the copy/paste.  The biggest pain was moving everything from one gauge location to the other.  Thanks so much for taking the time.

One more thing, how can I  display a text value rather than a number?  For instance, that "excursion" dashboard listed above (http://www.dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1903)  uses a calculated PID to show the current transmission gear.  I'd prefer to use the pid ford.engine.gear_cmd which is a more absolute value.  The problem I'm having is the value isn't a number but rather a string such as "1st Gear" or "2nd Gear".  I can't get this to show up on the dashboard.  All I get is "0". I've tried all the options under OBD-II Value --> Value Type (ie Value (String), but still just get "0".  When I watch the data logging screen I can see the value, so I know it's being passed to the app.

Edit, I found two more questions:

1. - Is there an easy way to re-size for an iphone X?
2. - I have a needle that shows max ECT reached.  When I use the pid 'SAE.ECT' it works but when I use the Ford PID 'ford.engine.ect' it doesn't move.  'ford.engine.ect' works for other things like text and the "gauge" but not for this max value needle.  Any ideas on that?

Thanks!

Chris
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:36:05 pm by hurseyc »

Home | Dashboards | Forum | Help | Contact Us | Terms of Service