You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us
DashXL.net
August 18, 2017, 01:24:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: feature request - locked dashboard  (Read 203 times)
gringosteve

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:38:59 am »

Hi

I am interested in the concept of creating premium "paid for" skins as part of a service.  A lot of time and effort can be invested in these skins and as such it seems only fair to offer a method of protecting the files from modification or sharing.  I love the open nature of the community and will continue to create and share free dashboards, but would be great to have the option to protect also.

Thanks
Steve
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:16:06 pm »

In the skin editor look for password. one for each screen can be set. see here for an example http://dashxl.net/dashboard.php?dashboard=1200
-Mike
p.s. people don't pay up
gringosteve

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:06:29 am »

Thanks Mike

I guess it won’t stop someone just taking that element out of the skin. A neater solution would be a way to read a device I’d and check it against some sort of encrypted hash.
Will check out the password now Smiley
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:32:35 am »

encrypted hash? you could tie the skins to say, the current vehicle's VIN PID, hash that in a script, and then Huh I dunno. maybe tie it to a timer or date and change all screens to a "Not Registered" text ?
-Mike
gringosteve

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:02:47 am »

encrypted hash? you could tie the skins to say, the current vehicle's VIN PID, hash that in a script, and then Huh I dunno. maybe tie it to a timer or date and change all screens to a "Not Registered" text ?
-Mike

I haven’t seen Vin listed as pid, what is the PID code for it please?
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:15 pm »

Well, I guess I sent you a red herring with the VIN PID idea. The VIN PID is a Mode 09 PID and DC doesn't make those mode PIDs available even though the VIN PID is used internally - VIN shows up on the Vehicle Setting automagically.

Maybe PPE will tell us there's an existing pseudo PID like "INTERNAL.VEHICLE_DESCRIPTION" PID. Or better yet maybe that contains the VIN. Dunno, haven't tried it. And now that I think about it, maybe it is stored and available as one of the CONST.xxx PIDs - I never noticed but hey, I'm not All-Seeing you know Smiley

PPE generally makes only Mode 00 PIDs available. They do make some others available (manufacturer's propietary PIDs which cost PPE mucho dinero) but you have to buy them from PPE.

Here's a link giving some info of Mode pages and PIDs : https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/obd-mode-pid.php

Best of luck,
-Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: