You are not logged in - Log in
Home Dashboards Forum Tools Help Contact Us
DashXL.net
June 29, 2017, 12:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GM newer model, extended PIDs question  (Read 99 times)
gtreece

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:37:05 pm »

Trying to sort out what I have, versus what I should have.  With a new model GMC truck, will the older model GMC PID sets help me at all?

It seems like I can get a lot of the data I'm interested in monitoring, but some things like Transmission Temp, are not obvious how I would get them, without being able to access GM specific PIDs.  Is that correct, or am I missing something?

While I singled out transmission temp, it seems like there is a lot of data that the truck is tracking, that is not exposed through the 'standard' PID set (as observed after validating PIDs).
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:44:15 am »

DashCommand can only get standardized OBDII data without manufacturer specific PIDs. You're right, the truck is tracking way more than the OBDII spec defines.

What truck do you have? If you only want trans temp, there is a strong chance it will work with the enhanced PIDs for an older vehicle if you have the gas V8. Most other data will probably not carry over to the new direct injected V8 though, you'd likely only get trans temp and not much else.
gtreece

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:15:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I just got a 2017 GMC 2500 HD with the new Duramax L5P Diesel engine.  So it sounds like I won't have a lot of success getting any GM-specific data.

And it seems like either GM is not providing, or you're not adding new model years as they come out?

I'm not really trying to geek out on a ton of data, but it would be nice to be able to get the extended data.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: